Jason began helping his dad with the business while in grade school by picking up blocks and tagging along on moves with his dad in the wee hours of the night. After graduating from high school, Jason decided to take a year off from school to work with his dad and save money for college. At the end of the year, however, a deal was struck for Jason to stay with the company permanently – becoming a partner of DeVooght the following year. Under Jason’s leadership, the company has made key enhancements to the raising and moving processes. This includes the expansion of their fleet of Unified™ hydraulic lifting equipment, which has helped each of their crews work more efficiently.
In 2005, Jason was elected to the International Association of Structural Movers (IASM) Board of Directors. He has actively and enthusiastically served in various capacities throughout his tenure:
- Chairman of the IASM Industry Guidelines Development Committee from 2006 to 2009
- Author of the Procedural Guidelines for Structural Movers, which became the industry safety standard in 2008
- Served on the Executive Committee from 2008 to 2011
- President in 2011
- Chaired the Membership Committee
- Chaired the Critical Issues Committee