Structural Elevation & Lifting Services
Providing professional structural elevation and house lifting services for more than 55 years, DeVooght House Lifters has built an enviable reputation as a leader in lifting houses to mitigate the chance of flood damage for houses location on or near any coastal waterway.
For the millions of homeowners living along U.S. coastlines, including the Great Lakes, elevation may be the key to prevent damage from flooding due to rain and storm surges.
One of the most common retrofitting methods for homes is elevation. In general, structural elevation involves lifting the home off the existing foundation or slab and building a new foundation or extending the existing foundation higher.
When a home is properly elevated, the main living area should sit above most flood levels. Several elevation techniques are available and may be dictated by the base flood elevation requirements and local zoning requirements.
If you live in a moderate to high risk flood area, you may have to elevate your home to meet your community’s minimum elevation regulations for construction. It is necessary to check with your local building officials before rebuilding in a flood zone, even in areas where the base flood elevation has not been established.
In some cases, homes and businesses in special flood hazard areas that are below base flood elevation and found to be substantially damaged must be elevated before a repair permit can be issued, per National Flood Insurance Program requirements.
We can help you accomplish the following:
- Lift your house and replace the foundation
- Move your house or an entire structure
- Raise your house off its foundation
- Raise your house onto pilings
- Jack your house up
- Elevate your house thats on a slab
We can also help with the following construction types:
- Lifting a Platform Frame Home
- Lifting a Balloon Frame Home
- Lifting a Wood Frame Home
- Lifting a Timber Frame Home
- Lifting a Wood Panels (SIP) Home
- Lifting a Manufactured Home
- Lifting a Insulated Concrete Form (ICF) Home
- Lifting a Concrete Masonry Units Home
- Lifting a Steel Stud Home
DeVooght House Lifters has locations in New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, Maryland, and Wisconsin, so we can quickly and efficiently get your home back on stable footings.